The Authors are expected to submit original scholarly articles in the following format.
- Manuscript File
Please send MS Word (.doc, .docx) compatible files only. At the time of submitting a paper for review, please include tables and figures in the manuscript file with appropriate table and figure title and number. Please do not send multiple files. You are requested to use Times New Roman with 12 font size with single space between the lines. Justify the main body text and indent first lines of paragraphs rather than spacing between them. Please number all pages except the cover page.
- Organization of Manuscript
- Cover Page: Place the title, author name(s), contact information with phone/fax number for the corresponding author, and a biographical sketch for each author on the cover page.
- Abstract: Cover sheet should be followed by an abstract summarizing the main conclusions of the paper. Abstract should be followed by Key words.
- Main body: Start the main body of the paper after the abstract.
- Tables and figures: We encourage using appropriate graphics to explain, illustrate, and summarize concepts and results without lengthy prose. Please keep the title and captions brief while placing the titles above tables and captions beneath figures. Do not embed numbers or captions in images; instead, place them outside the image, but on the same page. Tables & figures must be followed by references. Graphs and charts should fit the width of 1 or 2 columns. For labels use 11-point Times New Roman.
- Citations: Citations of other works should be limited to those which are strictly necessary. Short quotations should be included in the text within inverted commas (“ ”) while quotations of more than 30 words should be placed in a separate paragraph indented from the main body of the text. However, all quotations should be accompanied by precise references.
- References: Place the references at the end of the manuscript. The list should mention only those sources actually cited in the text or notes. Authors name should be same as in the original source. For more than one publication by the same author, list them in chronological order, with the older item first. For more than one publication in one year by the same author, use small lower case letters to distinguish them (e.g. 1980a, 1980b). American Psychological Association (APA) 6th edition style of citation should be used.
Following are some examples:
- Book with no author
The complete encyclopaedia of garden flowers. (2003). Auckland, New Zealand: Bateman.
- Book with one author
Srivastava, S.K. (1990). Managerial Economics. New Delhi: S. Chand & Co.
- Book with two authors
Claiborne,L.,& Drewery,W.(2010). Human development: Family, place, culture. North Ryde, Australia: McGraw-Hill.
- Book or report by a corporate author (e.g. an organisation, association or Government Department)
University of Otago. (1986).Today’s food, tomorrow’s health. Dunedin, New Zealand: Author
- Book chapter in an edited work
Hales, M. (2012). Community health nursing. In A. Berman, S. Snyder, T. Levett-Jones, T. Dwyer, M. Hales, N. Harvey, ...D. Stanley (Eds.), Kozier and Erb's fundamentals of nursing (2nd Australian ed., Vol. 1, pp. 127-141). Frenchs Forest, Australia: Pearson.
Statistics New Zealand. (2014). New Zealand in profile 2014. Retrieved from http://www.stats.govt.nz
- Journal or serial article (print version)
Millard, S. K., Nicholas, A., & Cook, F. M. (2008). Is parent-child interaction effective in reducing suffering? Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research, 51(3), 636-650.
- Journal or serial article with a doi
Stulz, J. (2006). Integrating exposure therapy and analytic therapy in trauma treatment. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry,76(4),482-488. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0002-9422.214.171.1242
- Journal or serial article from a library database
Bumpus, M. A., & Burton, G. (2008). Chapters in the life of an entrepreneur: A case study. Journal of Education for Business, 83(5), 302-308. Retrieved from ABI Inform database.
- Journal or serial article from the Internet
Pantaleo, S. (2005).‘Reading’ young children’s visual texts. Early Childhood Research & Practice, 7(1). Retrieved from http://ecrp.uiuc.edu/v7n1/pantaleo.html
MSNIM Management Review is published twice a year. All editorial correspondence should address to the Editor, Dr. Molly S Chaudhuri, Manel Srinivas Nayak Institute of Management, MSNIM Besant Campus, Bondel, Mangaluru, Karnataka, India, 575008 or sent by email to editor_journal @ msnmbesant.edu.in.